Saturday, September 13, 2014

Socratic Circle Reflection

In the Socratic Circle on September 11 2014 I talked about North Korea and its culture. We discussed about the things that make each culture different. I think I contributed to the conversation by sharing my opinion and some visible and invisible aspects of culture. I talked about holiday traditions that are very unique to that culture. I was silent and respectful when other were talking and answered questions respectfully no matter what I thought personally. My group work was good because when one of us was talking, all the others were quiet and listening attentively while the person finished and then they could share their personal thoughts. We helped out each other when when we got stuck or could not find the correct words to say something. When the conversation started to loose a little interest, I tried to ask a question or add a comment that would generate interest and put the group in conversation again.

Something I have to improve is maybe next time bring my notes about North Korea. Even though I reviewed my notes various times and knew well what I was talking about, but it was probably a good idea to have the notes with me so I could check for names and more specific information. Also, I felt a little nervous at first and it took me a minute to start talking. Next time I will start talking since the beginning and print out the information that I have collected earlier. These are only a few ways I will improve and this way the next time I have to participate in a Socratic Circle activity I will do much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment